Saturday, October 3, 2009

Black Bean Brownies on the way...

I have finally done it. I'm making the black bean brownie recipe from Baking With Agave Nectar by Ania Catalano. 101 Cookbooks did a blog post with the recipe a while back, and I have wanted to.

I had to change up a few things:
I didn't have unsalted butter. I instead used 1/2 c Smart Balance, and 1/4 c cold coffee.
I only had 1/2 c walnuts, and my eldest (who made these with me) doesn't actually like pieces of nuts in his brownies, so I just added the half cup in with the black beans into the Vita-Mix.

I was having trouble getting the bean/walnut mixture to mix, I imagine it may work better in an actual food processor. But what I did when it was time to mix the chocolate, bean mix, & eggs, was to put it all into the Vita-Mix & blend it some more.
The resulting batter was smooooooth.

My eldest had a fantastic time making swirls into the batter. >_>

No comments:

Post a Comment