Sunday, October 4, 2009

Black Bean Brownies: The Verdict

Last night I posted about the Black Bean Brownies I was baking, so here's my review:

So the brownies took much longer to bake thoroughly than the directions I had said, just an FYI.

They are a total WIN! Yay! Everyone in the house loves them. They are very rick dark chocolate.

I would also add that in the future, I would definitely blend it all in the Vita-Mix again, to ensure the batter is that smooth. I don't think they'd have been as enjoyable to the kids especially had it not been as smooth.

For my between boy, he wants a brownie ice cream cake for his birthday in December, and he wants to use this recipe. I think it's going to be phenomenal. I would like to make my own ice cream for it, too.

I need to break out the ice cream maker. I scored a new in the box nice one from Freecycle a long time ago, and still haven't used it.
I would like to experiment with coconut milk ice cream & frozen yogurt, too. Oh yes, right as fall is hitting, right?

3 comments: