Sunday, October 4, 2009

Oh hey! Green Sauce

I had completely forgotten I'd made this, I'm glad I typed this in my email as a draft. I use drafts as a place to stash things like that, rather than a word processor. I have ADD and I tend to save a million things in a million places, then lose them.

Anyway:
Creamy Salsa Verde, for enchiladas, green gazpacho, dressing.

1/4 lb fro yellow squash slices
2 lg handfuls of kale
2tb green salsa
3 lg handfuls cilantro
3 gr onions
2 cloves garlic
1/2 lime's juice
water
salt

mixed together in Vita-Mix
added 2 c ff yogurt
Mixed again.

Served so far as a dressing tossed w/ blackbeans and additional chopped green onions on romaine.

Have sauce left over, would be good as an enchilada type sauce (thinking enchilada casserole, without tortillas, instead using mashed black beans or faux cornbread), maybe spinach or shrimp, with a little queso blanco crumbled over the top.
Also think it would be a great base for a green gazpacho.

To be honest, I think this would be better cooked in some way.I will tweak it more next time I make it.

I also think I will add some cumin next time, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment